Where Cross the Crowded Ways of Life
Lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. Where cross the crowded ways of life, where sound the cries of race and clan, above the noise of selfish strife, we hear your voice, O Son of man.
2. In haunts of wretchedness and need, on shadowed thresholds dark with fears, from paths where hide the lures of greed, we catch the vision of your tears.
3. From tender childhood's helplessness, from woman's grief, man's burdened toil, from famished souls, from sorrow's stress, your heart has never known recoil.
4. The cup of water given for you still holds the freshness of your grace; yet long these multitudes to view the sweet compassion of your face.
5. O Master, from the mountainside make haste to heal these hearts of pain; among these restless throngs abide; O tread the city's streets again.
6. Till all the world shall learn your love and follow where your feet have trod, till, glorious from your heaven above, shall come the city of our God!
Words by: Frank Mason North
Music by: William Gardiner's Sacred Melodies
Thank you for visiting our worship site.
We have brought you these great hymns of the faith so you can worship and grow closer to the Lord.
Please tell your friends. There are hundreds of wonderful public domain hymns available free here for your edification.
God bless you as you enter His presence.