O Love, How Deep
Lyrics and .mp3 Download
O Love, How Deep (.midi)
O Love, How Deep (.mp3)
O Love, How Deep Bells Version (.mp3)
1. O love, how deep, how broad, how high, it fills the heart with ecstasy, that God, the Son of God, should take our mortal form for mortals' sake!
2. For us baptized, for us he bore his holy fast and hungered sore, for us temptation sharp he knew; for us the tempter overthrew.
3. For us he prayed; for us he taught; for us his daily works he wrought; by words and signs and actions thus still seeking not himself, but us.
4. For us to evil power betrayed, scourged, mocked, in purple robe arrayed, he bore the shameful cross and death, for us gave up his dying breath.
5. For us he rose from death again; for us he went on high to reign; for us he sent his Spirit here, to guide, to strengthen, and to cheer.
6. All glory to our Lord and God for love so deep, so high, so broad: the Trinity whom we adore, forever and forevermore.
Words by: 15th cent. Latin;
trans. by Benjamin Webb
Music by: English melody;
harm. from Hymns Ancient and Modern
Thank you for visiting our worship site.
We have brought you these great hymns of the faith so you can worship and grow closer to the Lord.
Please tell your friends. There are hundreds of wonderful public domain hymns available free here for your edification.
God bless you as you enter His presence.