Here, O My Lord, I See Thee
Lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. Here, O my Lord, I see thee face to face; here would I touch and handle things unseen; here grasp with firmer hand eternal grace, and all my weariness upon thee lean.
2. This is the hour of banquet and of song; this is the heavenly table spread for me; here let me feast, and feasting, still prolong the hallowed hour of fellowship with thee.
3. Here would I feed upon the bread of God, here drink with thee the royal wine of heaven; here would I lay aside each earthly load, here taste afresh the calm of sin forgiven.
4. Too soon we rise; the symbols disappear; the feast, though not the love, is past and gone. The bread and wine remove; but thou art here, nearer than ever, still my shield and sun.
5. Feast after feast thus comes and passes by; yet, passing, points to the glad feast above, giving sweet foretaste of the festal joy, the Lamb's great bridal feast of bliss and love.
Words by: Horatius Bonar
Music by: Edward Dearle
Thank you for visiting our worship site.
We have brought you these great hymns of the faith so you can worship and grow closer to the Lord.
Please tell your friends. There are hundreds of wonderful public domain hymns available free here for your edification.
God bless you as you enter His presence.