The Head That Once Was Crowned
Lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. The head that once was crowned with thorns is crowned with glory now; a royal diadem adorns the mighty victor's brow.
2. The highest place that heaven affords belongs to him by right; the King of kings and Lord of lords, and heaven's eternal light.
3. The joy of all who dwell above, the joy of all below, to whom he manifests his love, and grants his name to know.
4. To them the cross with all its shame, with all its grace, is given; their name an everlasting name, their joy the joy of heaven.
5. They suffer with their Lord below; they reign with him above; their profit and their joy to know the mystery of his love.
6. The cross he bore is life and health, though shame and death to him, his people's hope, his people's wealth, their everlasting theme.
Words by: Thomas Kelly
Music by: Attr. to Jeremiah Clark;
harm. by W.H. Monk
Thank you for visiting our worship site.
We have brought you these great hymns of the faith so you can worship and grow closer to the Lord.
Please tell your friends. There are hundreds of wonderful public domain hymns available free here for your edification.
God bless you as you enter His presence.