Dear Lord and Father of Mankind
Lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. Dear Lord and Father of mankind, forgive our foolish ways; reclothe us in our rightful mind, in purer lives thy service find, in deeper reverence, praise.
2. In simple trust like theirs who heard, beside the Syrian sea, the gracious calling of the Lord, let us, like them, without a word, rise up and follow thee.
3. O sabbath rest by Galilee, O calm of hills above, where Jesus knelt to share with thee the silence of eternity, interpreted by love!
4. Drop thy still dews of quietness, till all our strivings cease; take from our souls the strain and stress, and let our ordered lives confess the beauty of thy peace.
5. Breathe through the heats of our desire thy coolness and thy balm; let sense be dumb, let flesh retire; speak through the earthquake, wind, and fire, O still, small voice of calm.
Words by: John Greenleaf Whittier
Music by: Frederick C. Maker
Thank you for visiting our worship site.
We have brought you these great hymns of the faith so you can worship and grow closer to the Lord.
Please tell your friends. There are hundreds of wonderful public domain hymns available free here for your edification.
God bless you as you enter His presence.