While Shepherds Watched Their Flocks
Lyrics and .mp3 Download
1. While shepherds watched their flocks by night, all seated on the ground; the angel of the Lord came down, and glory shone around, and glory shone around.
2. "Fear not!" said he, for mighty dread had seized their troubled mind. "Glad tidings of great joy I bring to all of humankind, to all of humankind."
3. "To you, in David's town, this day is born of David's line a Savior, who is Christ the Lord, and this shall be the sign, and this shall be the sign:"
4. "The heavenly babe you there shall find to human view displayed, all meanly wrapped in swathing bands, and in a manger laid, and in a manger laid."
5. Thus spake the seraph and forthwith appeared a shining throng of angels praising God on high, who thus addressed their song, who thus addressed their song:
6. "All glory be to God on high, and to the earth be peace; good will henceforth from heaven to earth begin and never cease, begin and never cease!"
Words by: Nahum Tate
Music by: Harmonia Sacra;
arr. from G.F. Handel
Thank you for visiting our worship site.
We have brought you these great hymns of the faith so you can worship and grow closer to the Lord.
Please tell your friends. There are hundreds of wonderful public domain hymns available free here for your edification.
God bless you as you enter His presence.